I'm slowly learning how to take decent pictures at Adam's hockey games (and indoors period), and I've had a lot of fun being able to see my improvement as I keep practicing my skills with the new camera (which I love sooo much!). Learning the lighting is probably the toughest thing for me, and I'm sure it's going to take me a while longer to really get good at what I'm doing. Adam played two games this week against the same team...and they ended up winning one and losing the other :( It was a close game, but within the last two minutes the opposing team snuck in an extra goal! Oh well. You win some, you lose some. However, their team, 'The Chiefs', is pretty awesome. They've played for the past 3 seasons together and have formed a pretty close-knit group of guys. They're hoping to keep championship title (which they've won for the past 2 seasons), so we'll see how the season goes!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
hockey and halloween
I really wish school would only last for the time you were in classes. Life would be so much easier :) Too bad we can't always have what we wish for...I guess it keeps us on our toes. This week school seems to have gotten a little crazier and time-consuming, but the weekend was a blast and we had a lot of fun on Halloween and going to Adam's hockey games. For Halloween, two of our awesome friends Chase and Collette invited us over for a party where we had dinner that was cooked in a pumpkin (so good!) and played a couple games of mafia. I'm horrible at mafia. When it comes to defending myself when people accuse me of murder, even if I'm innocent, I just can't make up good alibis and end up sounding retarded...so I get killed. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you should play mafia sometime.
I'm slowly learning how to take decent pictures at Adam's hockey games (and indoors period), and I've had a lot of fun being able to see my improvement as I keep practicing my skills with the new camera (which I love sooo much!). Learning the lighting is probably the toughest thing for me, and I'm sure it's going to take me a while longer to really get good at what I'm doing. Adam played two games this week against the same team...and they ended up winning one and losing the other :( It was a close game, but within the last two minutes the opposing team snuck in an extra goal! Oh well. You win some, you lose some. However, their team, 'The Chiefs', is pretty awesome. They've played for the past 3 seasons together and have formed a pretty close-knit group of guys. They're hoping to keep championship title (which they've won for the past 2 seasons), so we'll see how the season goes!
All in all...the week was crazy and stressful but had a great ending filled with candy, pumpkin carving, and awesome friends. What more could you ask for? No idea.
I'm slowly learning how to take decent pictures at Adam's hockey games (and indoors period), and I've had a lot of fun being able to see my improvement as I keep practicing my skills with the new camera (which I love sooo much!). Learning the lighting is probably the toughest thing for me, and I'm sure it's going to take me a while longer to really get good at what I'm doing. Adam played two games this week against the same team...and they ended up winning one and losing the other :( It was a close game, but within the last two minutes the opposing team snuck in an extra goal! Oh well. You win some, you lose some. However, their team, 'The Chiefs', is pretty awesome. They've played for the past 3 seasons together and have formed a pretty close-knit group of guys. They're hoping to keep championship title (which they've won for the past 2 seasons), so we'll see how the season goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kristen just showed me your blog! Your photos are great and Adam's pumpkin is ridiculously good!
ReplyDelete