Two days ago was the 21st anniversary since my dad James Christopher Brown was killed in a hunting accident up Hobble Creek Canyon. I am fortunate enough to live in Provo so that I can go visit his grave from time to time, and it's an even more fortunate experience because my mom has been able to be there too for the past couple years. I honestly can't believe how much time has passed since it happened, and how much has been able to progress even though it was such a tragic experience. I don't have any memories of my dad...I was only 10 months old and Cami was only two...but I still feel like he lives on in us through our character and who we are. Although our time with him was short, he has made our lives greater than we could have ever hoped, and we now have a dad that is so wonderful and amazing. I am incredibly grateful for my mom and her strength to make it through everything. Without her, life wouldn't be the same. I love my parents so much. My parents are incredible, Julia and Ray (and Chris) - I know one day I'll get to meet dad Chris again and it will be an awesome experience. Each year this special day just helps me to remember to appreciate what I have, and that every day I spend with those I love is a great one.
No comments:
Post a Comment